NATIONAL MODEL UNITED NATIONS COURSE
We have already finished our application procedure for the 2018 delegation. You will find information about the 2019 delegation, on this website and on our facebook page.
Application Procedure for Elective for Fall 2017
The course will be credited with 6 ECTS to your independent electives. The grade is given only in the spring semester after the NMUN conference in New York.
1 Profile of Candidates
- Students at Bachelor´s level who do not graduate before spring 2018 and are not on exchange in fall 2017
- All majors are welcome to apply
- Students will be expected to fundraise independently
- Interest in international affairs
- Continued dedication throughout the year
- Strong communication skills and good knowledge of English
- International experience is a plus
3 Required Documents – all documents in PDF format
- CV in English without picture, but with relevant proof of English language
- skills (if available like TOEFL etc.)
- Current HSG transcript
- Short essay of no more than a page; see section 4
4 Short Essay
- You are an advisor on political affairs at the Swiss Mission to the United Nations in New York. For a visit by the Federal Councillor of Foreign Affairs, you are asked to prepare a memorandum on the likely impact of the new American Administration on the United Nations, in particular with regards to the enforcement of human rights around the world. Keep your observations brief [max. 1 page].
 Unfortunately, BLaw and BLE students won´t be able to receive credits for this class.